Well it was a lot of work and is still going strong. It has a focus on the food web and how we can harness it as small scale food growers.
This book will teach you everything you need to know about feeding your garden, orchard or smallholding with homemade and chemical-free ‘teas’.
It is packed with recipes for creating nutrient-rich, healthy soil, to give you healthy plants and ecosystems.
Author, Eric Fisher, provides an in depth history of organic agriculture and the rise in chemical inputs. He then goes on to explore the importance of nutrients, their cycles and the structure of soil. This enables the reader to truly understand their soil and own ecosystem, so they can manage it properly
Yuletide Pub Quiz 20 Questions
New ! Just for fun Yuletide Pub Quiz, free on Kindle for a limited period.
Twenty questions for a seasonal Yuletide Pub Quiz with a full narrative of the story of Yule. After you do this then you will ever wanted to know about Yuletide Find out who Krumpus is, why you hang out stockings and much much more !
Here is an except from a few of the questions…
- The traditional centerpiece for the holiday meal in some cultures is a roasted goose.
- In Roman mythology, the god associated with gift-giving during the festival of Saturnalia, a precursor to Yuletide celebrations, is Saturn.
- The tradition of preparing a special cake or dessert with a hidden object inside, where the finder is considered lucky, is known as Twelfth Night Cake or King Cake.
- The significance of the winter solstice in terms of daylight hours during Yuletide celebrations is that it marks the shortest day and longest night of the year in the Northern Hemisphere.
- In some Scandinavian Yuletide celebrations, the mythical creature that visits households to check if rice porridge is left for it is called the Tomte or Nisse.